What mental health facilities/recipients are saying:
Here are some responses from mental health facilities that have received Solely Sunshine letters
- "Thank you so much for the beautiful notes which you send. Our girls really appreciate them and are amazed that they are written by real humans as a personal note."
- "I wanted to take a moment and just say thank you from the very bottom of my heart for the package I received today. Your purpose and mission is one which makes my heart smile!! The clients this facility serves need all the love and encouragement available and I am positive your letters will place a smile on some faces.
You have impacted me more then you know and I truly appreciate the time you (and all those involved) took to “Send some Sunshine” to people who have been caught in what sometimes feels like a never ending thunderstorm."
- "My facility received a package of your letters. We handed them out to patients and staff. It was such a warm and hopeful afternoon of enjoying kind words and sweet pictures from you. Thank you for this kind gesture and for your heart in doing this outreach. You are so appreciated. I've never seen anything like this and yet it is so impactful and powerful."
- “...I was desperate I was even thinking about suicide...sincerely thank you for your help I’m really grateful, I will try my best, I will look at your message everyday so I can try my best and have confidence.”
- “Faith in humanity restored... Patients in psychiatric hospitals are just as important as patients in medical hospitals. PLEASE don’t forget that these people are ill too. We are not to be feared. We DO recover!”
- "Thank you for sending and thinking of us. The people at the boarding school have all been quarantining the past two weeks so the letters brightened their days because it was contact from the outside world. Thanks again it is really a cool organization."
- "Thank you so much for the “package of sunshine”! It really touched me to open the envelope and to find all of the kind and beautifully made letters to our clients. Our clients LOVED them and were excited to read them all. Encouragement, validation and support from complete strangers is such an amazing way to help people feel less alone in their struggle and to fight the stigma associated with mental health diagnoses."
- "We wanted to thank you for creating such an important and inspiring project. The residents really appreciated all the kind words that were sent, especially during this challenging time. You are truly an inspiration and thank you again!!"
- "We received your little care package full of such thoughtful and sweet encouraging letters! I just wanted to personally thank you for thinking of us!!!"
- "Continue doing what you do! You're an inspiration!"
- "Thank you so much for this encouragement. It is so great and our patients couldn’t say enough about how amazing it was to hear from others in the same situation!"
- "So excited. Such a treat to receive these beautiful and wonderful messages of positivity and hope."
- "Middle school girls really appreciated it. Thank you for this magnanimous gift."
- "I love how the kids are supporting each other. Beautiful concept. They are having a break week so they would like to send some letters in arts and crafts."
- "Thank you for sending the adorable cards, they are brilliant. Concept is so sweet. Shared with the therapist the cover letter and hopefully inspired some of our own to write them."
- "I wanted to let you know that we received the new envelope of letters from your company. Thank you very much for sending them to us! I love what you are doing and appreciate the efforts you and your team make to spread sunshine! I have passed the letters on to our residential department to share with our students. I will encourage those that wish to to make some cards in return."
- "Thank you for the letters! They were well received."
- "Truly brightened the day!"
- "The youth enjoyed picking out the letter that was interesting to them. Some of the youth asked for tape to post them in their rooms!"
- "I work in mental health and we have started mindfulness and it has gone down really well. I just spoke with my manager and she loves the idea. Can't wait to receive your mail."
- "Very nice, fun surprise!"
What people are saying:
Here are some responses from people around the world who wrote Solely Sunshine letters
- "I've worked at a psych hospital and I know my kids would have loved reading letters."
- "Thank you for your amazing work! I’ve had my own mental health struggles, so I know what huge difference this can make. Just wrote my letter now!"
- "Solely Sunshine is out there to spread some sunshine literally."
- "Hi Natalie, Just wrote my first letter on your website. Feels great and amazing initiative. Loved your interview keep spreading sunshine."
- "I sent my letter. This was exciting! I feel so happy and excited at the same time. Solely Sunshine will be an inspiration to all."
- "Done! Wow it felt amazing to write something so beautiful for someone, love how you aim to make people happy in this way and add positivity in everyone."
- "I understand what it is like to battle with depression I have been battling with it myself so it feels so good to try to help someone out."
- "That is awesome! My class is currently working on a project to send to Solely Sunshine...we will send it out next week. You inspire them!"
- "I'm obsessed with this idea its so wonderful."
- "Hey there, thanks a lot for sending the link, i hope my letter has some benefit to you and the person it is shared with. I felt good after writing this."