What mental health facilities are saying:
Here are some responses from mental health facilities that have received Solely Sunshine letters
- "Thank you for sending and thinking of us. The people at the boarding school have all been quarantining the past two weeks so the letters brightened their days because it was contact from the outside world. Thanks again it is really a cool organization."
- "So excited. Such a treat to receive these beautiful and wonderful messages of positivity and hope."
- "Middle school girls really appreciated it. Thank you for this magnanimous gift."
- "I love how the kids are supporting each other. Beautiful concept. They are having a break week so they would like to send some letters in arts and crafts."
- "Thank you for sending the adorable cards, they are brilliant. Concept is so sweet. Shared with the therapist the cover letter and hopefully inspired some of our own to write them."
- "I wanted to let you know that we received the new envelope of letters from your company. Thank you very much for sending them to us! I love what you are doing and appreciate the efforts you and your team make to spread sunshine! I have passed the letters on to our residential department to share with our students. I will encourage those that wish to to make some cards in return."
- "Thank you for the letters! They were well received."
- "Truly brightened the day!"
- "The youth enjoyed picking out the letter that was interesting to them. Some of the youth asked for tape to post them in their rooms!"
- "I work in mental health and we have started mindfulness and it has gone down really well. I just spoke with my manager and she loves the idea. Can't wait to receive your mail."
- "Very nice, fun surprise!"
What people are saying:
Here are some responses from people around the world who wrote Solely Sunshine letters
- "I've worked at a psych hospital and I know my kids would have loved reading letters."
- "Thank you for your amazing work! I’ve had my own mental health struggles, so I know what huge difference this can make. Just wrote my letter now!"
- "Solely Sunshine is out there to spread some sunshine literally."
- "Hi Natalie, Just wrote my first letter on your website. Feels great and amazing initiative. Loved your interview keep spreading sunshine."
- "I sent my letter. This was exciting! I feel so happy and excited at the same time. Solely Sunshine will be an inspiration to all."
- "Done! Wow it felt amazing to write something so beautiful for someone, love how you aim to make people happy in this way and add positivity in everyone."
- "I understand what it is like to battle with depression I have been battling with it myself so it feels so good to try to help someone out."
- "That is awesome! My class is currently working on a project to send to Solely Sunshine...we will send it out next week. You inspire them!"
- "I'm obsessed with this idea its so wonderful."
- "Hey there, thanks a lot for sending the link, i hope my letter has some benefit to you and the person it is shared with. I felt good after writing this."